In the pressure washing industry, a lot of emphasis is put on the chemicals used and the application of steam or the temperature of the water. These are definitely factors to consider when comparing pressure washing companies to another, but the method of how these companies actually wash the exterior of your home is equally important if not more.
The exterior of your home has several areas that are not intended for high amounts of water and pressure. One of these, for example, is roof soffits, this is one area where the washing needs to be done most delicately to avoid damaging the inside of your home. This can be achieved by using the correct amount of pressure and GPM (gallons per minute) until is properly cleaned- An up close, top to bottom approach
Most Pressure Washing companies wash the exterior of a Home the following way.
• Done mainly from ground level
• Use extension poles with high pressure tips that create water streams capable of reaching 40+ feet from the ground level.
• The advantage of this is only in the time it takes to wash a house which only benefits the pressure washing company.
• This can loosen and even damage siding; it also puts excessive amounts of water into the roof soffits.
• By doing it this way there is no final visual inspection of anything above the first floor.
• They don’t expect you to climb up and inspect the upper sections of your house after it has been washed. They give it the “ground level inspection” where the saying is “It looks good from here!”
Don’t be fooled by claims of low pressure washing. Ask your contractor exactly what pressure & GPM they are washing with and how they plan to reach those high areas of your home.
At Alliance Pressure Washing we employ an Up Cloe, Top to Bottom “AP&D Safe Washing Method” Call Us Today @ 603-890-9887
For more info about our exterior home pressure washing services in Nashua NH click here